PIGOLOGIST aka 吴常瑀 Goh Chang Yu (Creative & Art Director / Illustration Artist), is a Singapore born Chinese, raised by aliens, and growing up with people of all colours. Her artworks are often driven by characters and linger a nostalgic aesthetic that pays homage to old cartoons. She hopes to provoke emotions through her works. Before starting her own studio, she has worked as a senior production designer, conceptual artist, merchandise designer for animation studios and part time teaching conceptual art for 6 years. She’s independent from concept development to print and installation. A responsible player who’s able to work well in a collaboration too. Currently based in Singapore and working for clients in Singapore and abroad.
Featured in Graphic books:
“Brands With Characters” by Basheer
“Vectorism” by Gingko Press
“3×3 Illustration Professional Show Annual 8 (recognized for 2 merits)” by one of the top three shows for international illustration.
Clients & Collab (selected): Nickelodeon | Herman Miller | Ogilvy & Mather | Black Design | Sun Yat Sen Nanyang Memorial Hall | Brother Pte Ltd | PUB (Singapore’s National Water Agency) | Noise Singapore | National Arts Council | MOE (Ministry of Education) | Dreambox | Philips | Disney | TMRRW | IPOS (Intellectual Property Office of Singapore) | Nee Soon Town Council | HDB | Anlene
Illustration | Art direction | Mascot design | Paper toy design | Children’s book | Comic Strips | Painting | Brand identity | Mural painting | Graphic Design | Merchandise Design | Corporate Gifts | Animation
Tools: Photoshop / Illustrator / Acrylic / Cheap brushes / Brains
Exhibitions (Group Shows):
– Designed a Gromit sculpture for GROMIT UNLEASHED HK, “The Greatest Dog Show on Earth in Asia” at ELEMENTS (2014)
– The Musical Illusion (a gigantic illustrated hopscotch commissioned by The LavaProject, National Arts Council) at East Coast Park (2013)
– Paper Plane (a gigantic illustrated hopscotch commissioned by The LavaProject, National Arts Council) at East Coast Park (2013)
– Doedemee, 100 book covers to fight illiteracy (2013) at Schwaebisch Hall, Germany.
– Expressions (2012) at Dahlia Gallery
– 100 Friends 100 Artists 100 Dreams (2012)
– The ‘+’ Project, Philips Singapore (2012)
– Doedemee, 100 book covers to fight illiteracy (2012) at Expo Antwerp, Belgium.
– Our 8ighties 我们的80年代 at Happy Willow, curated by 3 On Tree
– Namesake (2012), at Dahlia Gallery
– The Art of Rebellion (2012), curated by studioKALEIDO
– Chasing Dreams, The Remaking of Tiong Bahru (2012), curated by FLABSLAB, organized by The White Canvas & Orange Thimble
– 100 Friends 100 Artists 100 Inspirations (2011), curated by Phunk Studio
– Noise Singapore Festivals (2010-2012)
– Noise Singapore in conjunction with YOG (Youth Olympic Games 2010)
For local/overseas collaborations and commissioned works,
U can reach me at